Sunday, February 1, 2015

1st week in ID

We've been here in ID now for a tad over 1 week.  Honestly, it's been great. 

Have you ever transplanted a ... plant?  I have.  I'm not green thumb now, but when I was little, I was.  I did lots of transplanting.  You dig the plant up, careful to not bruise or hurt the roots, and put it in another area of your garden/yard.  You have to make sure the new hole is large enough to not hurt the roots, make sure there's TONS of water, and almost "over care" for your new plant. 

You transplant for many reasons.  Maybe beautify other areas of the yard, keep areas of the garden from choking on itself, or maybe just cuz you're bored and want to.

But regardless, I know that at FIRST, the plant seems to die.

So I kinda relate completely to this.  We left my beloved, precious, wonderful Virginia and came here to Idaho.  A brand new place.  I've never been here.  Actually, I take that back.  I visited my sister when she was in college at Ricks.  So I've been to Rexburg.  For like, a weekend or something.

Anyways, we came here because Matt finished school and got a job here.  And really, everything totally fell into place for us to come here.  I will blog about that, too.  But later.

As much as I hated leaving, deep down inside, I knew it was right to come here.

I think I was transplanted to keep from choking on myself.  Let me rephrase that.  To slow my life down.

Life was great in VA.  Truly.  Great.  So great that I was going about 100K miles a minute.  Coaching, photography, sewing, working at the gym.  Running kids around.  Dropping things at the last minute to do 10 last minute things.  It was quite hectic.  My days just sped by.  I loved it.  I thrive on busy.  But it may have gotten too busy.  I knew deep down inside that "busy was speeding up my time with my small children."

So the Lord transplanted me.  He transplanted me carefully.  Lovingly.  Getting things in order to leave VA ran so smoothly.  Renters for both houses, smooth cross country trip, great weather, car functioned perfectly.  We found a great place here.  Matt's job totally took care of things.  The first week here has already shown me that He transplanted me to "fertile" and "well kept" ground.  I joke that this place sorta reminds me of "The Truman Show" because people here are so incredibly NICE!  From bankers, to school counselors, to teachers, strangers on the street, to ward members.  Small town kindness all around.

And still I struggle.  For some reason, I'm exhausted.  Like, really tired.  I'm in a fog.  In a funk.  I mourn VA at the same time I rejoice in the new adventure.  I meet new people, then feel the void that saying bye to my friends in VA left.  Driving around VA, I was always on auto-pilot.  I'd go from point A to point B and not even remember the trip!  Now as I drive, I almost feel over stimulated as I navigate this small town.  And not having a high speed agenda has, in some weird way, made me super lazy feeling. 

I think I'm experiencing the "dying" part of a transplant.

But I know that the plant doesn't actually die.  It grows stronger actually.  A transplant, if done correctly, is ALWAYS a good thing.  So I have faith that I will only grow stronger from this.  In due time, I'll see so clearly the reason the Lord transplanted me here.

I already feel like one of those reasons truly was to slow things down.  I may or may not take up my photography business.  I'm actually dappling with the thought of turning my attention to learning how to play the guitar!  :)  And turn my attention back to writing more.  We'll see, we'll see.

Idaho has been great though.  I really am excited for this new adventure.  The Lord was in charge of this transplant, so I can say, hands down and with complete confidence, this transplant was indeed a GOOD thing.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! You are so close I could almost touch you!
    Let me know when you are less hectic!

    Spring soccer starts in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't call meeee! Glad things are going well! love the NW

    ReplyDelete