Saturday, July 9, 2016

1st miracle

We have 3 huge massive issues on our plate. 
#1 ~ Gideon.  He's not an issue per say, he's actually quite perfect.  It's his heart.  I've written plenty about that and will write more I'm sure.
#2 ~ Selling our house in VA.  This is a huge financial issue.  Because as long as we have it, every month we're paying mortgage on it along with our rent here.  We've had 2 contracts so far on our place.  And we've been totally screwed by the inspector these would be owners have hired.  I'm not going to go into detail here, but he truly has screwed us.
#3 ~ Have you ever tried to find a place to rent here?  If you have more than 2 kids, it's next to impossible.  If you have 9.  Well, all of a sudden a snowball's chance in hell looks pretty good.

This post is regarding point #3.

Not only did we hate where we lived, (well, hate is a strong word.  The house was great, but really, only if you had max 2 kids) but our landlord was ready to have us out.  We were probably there "against code" as the house really was too small for 11 people.  She let us know that she had already found tenants and we needed to be out by the end of June.

And we were in May.

And between Matt and me, we had literally turned over every stone, wood chip, leaf, and twig looking for a place to rent.

Nothing.  Literally, nothing.

Because who wants to rent to a family of 11.  And we were running out of time.

It was over the course of about 3 days that I kept having this "feeling" to post on FB that we needed a place to rent.  I seriously ignored it because we don't know a ton of people here, so not a bunch of people on my FB from here.  On around the 3rd day, I specifically remember walking down our tiny hallway towards the living room and that same feeling came, "post it on FB."  I headed straight for the computer and updated my status.

About 5 minutes later I got a private message from a friend of mine who I met thanks to sports.  See how great sports are?!  Sports never fail!!  ;)  Her son played football with mine and her daughter plays soccer with my daughter.

She messaged that they were buying a home and moving out of their rental and that the house would be perfect for our family. 

Long story short, we moved into our new rental June 18th!!!!! 

Besides the fact that the kids love it and the "lemming syndrome" has vanished, this house is proof that there is a God, His "thoughts are not my thoughts, nor His ways my ways."  His timing may not be my timing, but when it comes down to it, moving here is a testimony to me that His thoughts, ways and timing are WAY better than my own.

Come to find out, this home was basically the home that God had in mind for us all along.  When I wanted to find a larger place to stay a year ago, this house wasn't ready.  So we had to stay put.  And wait.  It was basically ready for us at the moment that we really needed it.

The location allows for the kids to access the bike path quickly and safely.  There's over an acre of land the kids can play on.  The house is far from roads.  It's in a very quite spot. 

Enter Gideon.

There's a separate living area downstairs that allows for guests.  ie Grandparents who need to stay for long periods of time to help because of Gideon.  The house is designed in such a way that if anyone is sick, it's quite easy to stay on opposite sides of the house to better protect Gideon from getting sick.  It's so important that Gideon not get overheated.  This house is one of the few in this town that has central air.

I don't think there were many homes in this town that could have been more perfect for Gideon than this one.

I find it so very interesting the Lord's hand in our rental stress.  He knew we'd have Gideon, so He had us wait.  Then He whispered into my ears for 3 days, telling me to put it on FB.  And my friend just so happened to be on FB to read my post.  Even though I was literally going out of my mind, even having emotional crying spells because of the stress of being in such a tiny house, Heavenly Father made me wait because He knew what we would REALLY need.

And it ended up being more perfect that I could have even imagined.  Heck, there's even a cherry tree here!  He knows that's one of my all time favorite things to eat!!  And it's not fattening!   Quite the contrary!  ;)

I think He's trying to teach me that it's OK to trust Him.  More specifically, to trust Him with Gideon.  That has been my biggest thing these past 5 months.  I need to be able to trust Him with my Gideon. With HIS Gideon.

I was thinking the other day, if our other 2 stressers, Gideon and the VA house, get taken care of as well as Heavenly Father took care of the rent situation, then everything will be better than OK.  Everything will be perfect.  More perfect than I can even imagine.

I need to trust Him better.  He's ever so patiently showing me that I can and should.

No comments:

Post a Comment