Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sept 30 2012

Wow! This week flew by! I'm committing myself to blogging every Sunday night after the kids are in bed. Can't believe it's already that time again! It's been a good week. Busy, but the weather's been so great, that I have been loving the chance to be outside for soccer practices. The games were great yesterday but I won't be talking soccer tonight. Church. That's what I want to talk about. Lately I've been able to go to Relief Society. Because of my callings for the past 5 years (Primary pianist and then Young Women) I had to miss Relief Society. And I was perfectly fine with it. I loved my callings. But the past month, I've been able to go to RS and it's causing a change in me. It's making me want to be a better person. I guess that's what they mean when they say that going to church helps to strengthen testimony. Such a Sunday School answer, such cliche, but I really am experiencing this and I'm glad. I've needed it. I need to be better. Raising children, it's a given. I need to be closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus and more intune to Their whispers and encouragements. I just need to be better and it's really been a neat experience to actually FEEL and better understand the purposes of RS. I'm not so much feeling motivated to serve "my neighbor" better or to run around helping people or paint park benches or what not, but rather, I'm feeling more motivated to chill out. To recognize more my priorities and to take it to a more "spiritual level" my responsibility as a mom and a wife. I see my children as such valient, courageous spirits, blessing my life with their choice to come to me, and I just need to do a better job at giving them every tool, every experience, every opportunity to be better themselves and more importantly, to have both a desire to be converted to the Gospel and also and understanding of how to be converted to the Gospel. And I seriously have a stomach ache, so I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment