Sunday, February 26, 2017

He's 1!

Normally when I blog, it's because I get totally ... "compelled" to write.  Like, I HAVE to write or I'll go crazy.  Tonight, it's not that.  It's just because Gideon's 1.  And it's a such a happy, content feeling. 

So I really don't know what to write.  It's just been a good day.

Last week I got to go to VA.  VA is quite easily, my "home."  When I was there I felt like I fit into the area just like a puzzle piece.  So many times I was saying, "I can't believe I'm back here!"  Being with my friends and coming into step with them, synched perfectly, like I had never left, was SO COMFORTING.  There are, without a doubt, people you associated with, laughed with, BONDED with, in the pre-life and meeting back up with them is simply nothing short of a blessing and tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  I'm lucky that I get to enjoy mortal friendships with people who I bonded with before this life.  It's a blessing.

When I came back, I could tell that Gideon couldn't quite "place" me.  He acted like, "I know I should know this lady, but HOW?!"  We're back to our old ways though.  His eyes on me the entire time I'm in the same room with him and if someone's holding him and I'm close by, he turns towards me, leans towards me, and lifts his arms ever so slightly.  And I get him and we both get all happy and kissy ;)

There's something that came to mind the other day.  Gideon has seriously dulled the "bad" that's in me.  He's softened me.  He's relaxed me.  Simply put, Gideon has made me a better person and has made our family kinder.  If every family had a member with down syndrome, that family would just be better.  If every family in a society was made "better", think of what would happen to said society?

The thought came to me then, "the society who welcomed and cherished their members with down syndrome would be a better society.  And would thus create a nation that was a super power."

Babies with Trisomy 21 need to stop being aborted.  It's like eating the meat but tossing the marrow-rich bone.  Eating the avocado but tossing the nutrient packed seed.  Not many people get the value in bone marrow or in the avocado seed.  But those who DO, those who know how to cook with marrow rich bones or know how to access the goodness found in the avocado seed, THEY'RE the ones who are healthier, better off.  Education's the obvious key.

Which is why, again, I want the world to know Gideon.  I want to educate doctors and nurses.  They need to be able to give the news of "you're expecting a baby with Trisomy 21" with excitement and even reverenced awe.  Expectant mothers and fathers need to know that they just won the golden ticket.  They were just blessed to get a NEW normal which would open their eyes, minds, and hearts to so much understanding you simply couldn't get any other way.

I know I'll touch upon this topic again, but I'm exhausted.  It's been a good day.  Just wanted to say that what this all boils down to is this.

Gideon is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment