Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Hi Ho Silver! AWAY!"

Before this life we lived in Heaven with our Heavenly Father and friends and family. I was in love with a certain Matt and we decided we wanted to find each other here on Earth and be married because we just loved each other so much. Matt wanted to jump through the clouds and experience life as a cowboy on horse chasing tumble weeds. I wanted access to FaceBook.

And I guess I won the deal.

Because of it, however, I have a husband who dreams and wishes he lived back in the day of gun slingers and outlaws.

Apparently he's not the only one. Because someone produced and filmed a show called, "The Lone Ranger."

Have you EVER seen this show? You don't need to know how to act AT ALL to star in this show. You stand infront of a huge screen with some documentary of buffalo running over mountains and speak in a monotone voice about why some dude was killed. If you play the lead role of the indian, you'd say something like, "Bad man no good. Bad man no die. Bad man just say him sorry and good man say him OK."

Surprised the NAACP hasn't had a hay day with this show.

Actually, the reason they haven't is because they don't want to admit they watched it.

The other reason is because people like me would be up in arms against them.

As crazy ridiculous as "The Lone Ranger" is, it's a great show. There's a reason it's a classic. Because it's GREAT. First of all it's unique. Second it's a total feel good country western show. And third, who doesn't WANT to be the Lone Ranger or better yet, the lucky lady to finally learn his name?

The 4th reason is because my 2 year old worships this show and I love that this show exists simply to give my child something to love, worship, copy, and throw a fit over when his older siblings try and put "The Suite Life" on. Now THAT'S a mind number if you ask me! ;)

My ONLY complaint however is because of "The Lone Ranger", my 2 year old loves horses. And because Silver is white, well, he loves white horses. And there is only one company that makes white horses. Barbie's company.


So my son is desperately attached to a very feminine toy. And it kills my husband!

"Give him the guns and holster!" he says.
"He's looking for his "hey-hey", not the guns."
"It's a barbie horse!"
"No, it's Silver, the Lone Ranger's horse."

I do wish though that toy companies would come out with more manly type white horses. Or at the very least, just package them in a Ken box.

No comments:

Post a Comment