Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dec 24th 9:29 PM

Locomotive full speed ahead into the side of a mountain.

That's me.

The month of December I had on my agenda 28 photo shoots, sew 5 quilts, 5 aprons, 6 PJ pants, 3 stockings, 2 piano pieces to practice for the ward Christmas program, 20 doz cookies, and a trip to NY to plan for.

Result? Fast food for dinner 43 days out of the month, Colby nursing Riley, forgetting to shave my armpits, a canker sore, me inquiring about a puppy for my kids, and total apathy towards the muffin turned party cake that sits atop my hips.

Now it's 11:57 Dec25th and here's how I did:
Finished all photo shoots, finished 2 of the 5 quilts, finished the aprons, PJ pants check, got 2 stockings done at 6AM this AM. Riley doesn't REALLY need one, right? Had Scarlette play the piano piece for me and I became the page turner, Christmas trip was a blast and got all cookies backed and delivered ~ though the sugar cookies tasted more like pancakes.

I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, the kids had a great Christmas, so I guess that means it was a success, but it was terrible leading up to it. Really, it was. Poor kids had to hold a cranky, crying baby so I could get everything done I needed to, we really ate out more than a human body should be subjected to, and we were still behind the clock when the kids decided to wake up and "see what Santa had brought." I was still finishing up the last stocking at that time.

Anyways, like I said, they say over and over it was the best Christmas ever, so that was good. But next year, I'm going to do things differently.

gift quilts finished in October
PJ pants made in September.
Gifts bought and wrapped in November
Cookie batter frozen beginning of December
Just say no to the rest

The last thing is the biggie. Just. Say. No.

I have got to remember that my lack of saying "No" only results in my kids suffering. That's that.

And it's late, I've got to get dinner on the table. So I'm saying "no" to this blog tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment