Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cake Boss




Lately the kids and I have been quite captivated by the show, "Cake Boss." It's not the smartest thing for me watch, as eventually I'll find myself purchasing a wanna-be "Cake Boss" cake and eating the whole thing to myself.

However, after about the 45th episode, I stood up from my chair and announced to the kids, "Kids, lets make our own Cake Boss cake!" Colby and Angela cheered, the rest of the kids just looked at me, then back to the TV.

Mamma don't play.

I Googled "fondant" and found a simple recipe. Colby busted out our Betty Crocker cake mixes and the 3 of us went to work.

It was actually LOTS OF FUN!!! Angela went to town being creative and Colby went to town, kneading fondant into about 5 different colors. My brain went 5000 miles per hour, planning on each child's next birthday cake.

Here's what we ended up with:
Cake #1
Cake #2

Seriously, it was fun. Now I have all these plans for my kids' birthdays. Boxing glove. Lone Ranger. #1. Make-up. Dora. Football. Soccer ball.

It's gonna be so fun.

However, baking's not my thing. So the fun will start and stop with my kids. I'm too ADD to bake. Baking takes too long.

Anyways, nothing too exciting. I've got a bedroom that barfed up about 200 pounds of clothes, so ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment